Well, it's been about two weeks since I've moved into the DC area again for the summer, and here's how things are going so far:
- Moving in sight-unseen into an apartment was a bad idea. Not a horrible place, just not for me.
- Washington DC will probably reign as the most interesting and engrossing city in the United States, for years to come.
- No matter what anyone does, there will be people to protest it. Always.
- Do not forget your shampoo at a house you are moving out of. There is no pain like a 2am trip to CVS because you need shampoo.
- World of Warcraft is addicting. Period.
- Adams Morgan is busy, very very busy. Also, There's this great midnight coffeeshop/bookstore/restaurant called Afterthought, or Afterword, or something.
- Cheesecake is still delicious.
- The colonial-style rowhouse areas around the Capitol are freakin gorgeous.
But in all seriousness, I'm loving my stay here in DC. I'm busy to no end, and now I have a place WAY closer to work. It's good to be home, away from home.